Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Visa Experience : Got Visa Power : Mumbai Consulate : 19 June

Posted by: "Hardik Mehta" hardik.mehta007@yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2, 2006 1:45 pm (PST)

Got Visa from Mumbai Counsulate on 19 June for Carnegie Mellon University
My interview was on 19 June at Mumbai Consulate at 8:15 AM. Going for
Carnegie Mellon University for MISM course. GRE / TOEFL 1200/267. 2
yrs of Exp at L&T Infotech.
Reached Consulate at 7:30 AM with my dad. Already there was small
queue. Most of them were elderly ppl (40 +). Very few students.
And so many Patels (he he this is bound to happen at mumbai
counsulate).I stood up in the queue. A lady standing saw my pink
receipt n interview letter (For time) and let me in the second queue
where security person was continuously announcing that "If you have
any electronic devices please keep them out including Digital Watches,
Mobiles etc." They were allowing about 10-15 ppl at a time. (Time 7:45
AM)
There was a second small queue (male and female separate) for security
check. They tell you to remove Belt, Wallet, Watch etc and put it on
table. I did that. and then time to walk through metal detector. I
crossed metal detector which started "Beap Beap". Security person told
me to come back and repeat the action but again it started beaping. I
was startled and was staring at Security person. He told remove you
Kada(Metal Bracelet) from hand. Ohh Oooopss.. I removed and walked
again. No beap.. Ohh god thanks !! Then he gave me a small Wooden
Block which signifies your security check done successfully. (7:50 AM)

Went inside. Was getting bit tensed. I stood up in second small queue
where they were distributing the forms (DS Forms) I submitted to VFS
before 5 days. They stappled Passport, I20 with DS forms and gave docs
in hand. They gave me pink token one they stappled and one they gave
me in hand.Many of my frds got visa for period of only 2 yrs so
worried, but on xeroxed I20 which VFS took period written was 60
Months so was relieved. (8 AM)

Now I was directed to queue at counter number 1 for finger printing
where White Cute Amrican Lady was standing. Bit longer queue. She was
also knowing Hindi bit. She was talking to some old ppl "Aapka Daay
haath rakhiye" then "Ab aapka Baya Haath Rakiye".

My turn came. She asked me my name. I told her and put my finger on
Finger print scanner. She told hey I am talking to you tell me whats
your name and dont put your hand on scanner until I tell you. I told
okay mam. And did as she said. She told okay now you can wait we ll
call you by your token number. (8:15 AM)
Set in second row and start observing counters. All counters except
counter number 2 had door and was similar to std booth. Only 3-4
counters were working having Africo-Amrican person on counter number
12 wearing T Shirt.. Most of places they were announsicg "XXX Patel
bhai and Family counter number 11 par aao (in gujju he he (go to
counter number 11).

And in 10 minutes I saw atleast 5-6 Patel family been called at
different different counters.

Sharp at 8:30 Some siren started and all counters started. And one by
one they started announcing "This is announcement from counter number
5 Token number XXX,XXX..... xome to counter number 5".And there was
some announsement by some counter and was having my token number and I
missed number of counter .... Ohhhh goddd.. Damn it.... asked person
seating next me which counter's announcement was last.. Nobody knew..
I used common sense and went to queue which just started forming next
to announcement. (:D) as I had observed just next to announcement ppl
rush at perticular counter. My counter was Counter number 2.

Unfortunately without that door which really prevents Noise of ppl..
there was some Indian American sweet Lady.

3 Ppl before me.

One lady with small kid... She was granted Visa
One old gentleman with his wife were going to meet their son.. Granted Visa
One guy f1... Rejected..

But I dunno at that point I was completely relaxed and ready to face
any questions..

She called me.....
Me: Good Morning Mam
VO: Good Morning
Me: How you are doing?
VO: Fine, tell me why you want to go to US?
Me: Blah Blah (Good education system, pratical oriented study, ll get
chance to study with students from diverse culture, ll help me to
become more competative) 10-12 seconds.
VO was not looking at me but was listening carefully.
VO: Okays. Its very expensive university.
Me: We have sufficient funds to cover my education. My parents and
Grand Father are sponsoring me. We have <<>> in Saving account and
<<>> in FD which is sufficient to cover my education
VO: What is Family income?
Me: My father annual income is <<>> and My family income is <<>>.
VO: Okay so Family Income = how many dollars?
Me: (Fumbled bit, recovered soon) Told..
VO: But your univ expense is much more than your annual income?
Me: My parents has done lot of saving.were saving quite a lot money
since they started working.
VO: Does that mean your parents are not spending at all?
Me: No, They spend money but at the same time they kept some money
aside for future use.
VO: Whats your sister doing?
Me: Shes studying in last yr <<>>
VO: So she ll get married soon right?
<Was not audible at all.>
Me: Sorry mam
VO: Repeated...
<<Still not audible :( lots of noise as counter 2 dint have any door>>
Me: No.. sorry mam.. i dint get you
VO: Repeated again
Me: (Listened Carefully) Yes in two years
VO: Then tell me your family ll sponsor her marriage? right?
Me: Yes
VO: So.
Me: If you keep aside funds required for my education we have
sufficient funds to support this event as well. Not only that even my
mother works and they have sufficient funds for these events.
VO: (Without any _expression) Okay I will issue you a Visa, your
passport will be couriered to you in couple of days.
Me: Thank you Madam. Have a nice day.
VO: U too.
Thats it.. (8:45 AM)
No need to open folder. all over in 60 seconds.. (gone in 60 seconds... he he)
I came out of consulate happily. gave wooden block back to security person..
My dad was on other side of road..
Just shown him Thumps UP....
and went to Mahalakshmi Temple..
My contact number is 9324275953. ID : hardik.mehta007@gmail.com
Going to Carnegie Mellon University. Contact me if you are going for the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home