Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Going to Univ of texas at Arlington, PhD in Chemistry

Posted by: "bagala reddy" mallik42002@yahoo.co.in mallik42002

Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:42 pm (PST)

Hi!!!

I am B.Mallikharjuna Reddy from Vizag and I got my Visa issued on 15th july 2006 at US Consulate Chennai.I am leaving to The University of Texas at Arlington for my PhD in Chemistry on Aug 12.

My Visa interview went pretty cool....

After finger printing at counter no 8 I was directed to go to Counter no 7 where a lady officer of middle age( looks like actress in The Mummy Returns) was taking the interview.

Before me 2 applicants one F1 and J1 .F1 applicant got rejected.and its my turn now....

I was about to move, she lifted her hand asked me to wait for a while and called 3 previously interviewed applicants(whose decisions were withheld).With a smile on my face not crossing the yellow line I waited almost 15 min patiently for her call.
At last she called me......
VO:So finally ur turn....
Me: Very Good Morning Officer !!!How are u doing?

VO:Give me ur TOFEL/GRE scores and memos?
ME:I gave them.
(This is against to my expectations like why US?Why this univ?)

VO:You got Assistanship?
Me:Yes mam

VO:Congratulations!
!!!!
ME Thank You mam.

VO:Have you done any proj?
ME:Yes during my M.Tech at IIT Delhi(Confidently and smiling)

VO:Tell me about ur proj?
ME:Told her
She typed some thing on computer......
VO:what were u doing with Dr.Reddy Labs (I dont have any work experience)?
ME:Associated as Analytical Chemist and was working on Drug molecules.
VO:What type of Drugs?
ME:Anti Cancer drugs.

VO:I am issuing you Visa.Enjoy ur stay in US.
ME Thank You mam.

ME When can I collect my VISA?
VO:It will be delivered to ur home within 3 days.

ME:Thank You very much Mam...

My suggestion to those who are going to attend F1 visa interview:

1)Have abundant patience.
2)Have a Smile(This eases tension within u and in addition gives VO a good impression on U)
3)Just think positively and while talking to VO get a feeling that u r explaining /convincing one of ur friend or unknown foreigner who wants some info regarding u ,ur study plans in US etc...
4)I honestly feel one shouldnt be carried away by the negative experiences/views of others because there "The Ball is in Your Court" and Every ones case is different form others.So to get visa issued, u should have firm control over the Ball before ur opponant snatches it away from u.

Thats all frenzs.Those who are heading to UTA on Aug 12 form Hyd'Bad can email me to mallik4@yahoo.co.in or call to 9394849406.

All the best to those who are yet to attend visa interview and those who are applying for Spring 2007 admissions.

Thanks allot!!!!!


Bye
B.M.Reddy

3 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger NISI said…

    thank you for the post

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi,

    I have my interview on the 21st of july. I have written my GRE twice, first time 950, and second time 1080. cud u plz suggest wat reason i cud give if the VO asks me why have i written it twice? i have an aggregate of 74.8% first class , got an admit from Washington state university, Pullman. Cud u plz help out me out

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger karthik said…

    Hi Vidhya,

    When the VO asks you your score cards, give him your latest scores. You need not mention to him that you took GRE twice.

    Even if he asks you about your previous score, beconfident and answer him that the previous score was not sufficient to get an admit from a decent school.

    There is nothing wrong in taking GRE twixce. So dont worry.

    All the best

    karthik

     

Post a Comment

<< Home