Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Got my visa in 3rd attempt

Posted by: "RAKESH CHITTURI" rocky_chitturi@yahoo.co.in rocky_chitturi

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:58 pm (PST)

Hi to one & all,

This is Rakesh Chitturi from Andhra pradesh. I got my visa on july 19th for Tennessee tech univ for MS in mech engg. This is my 3rd attempt (rejected twice in spring) & I got through this time successfully. Here is my experience.

My profile: GRE: 1070 (V-300, AWA-3), TOEFL: 253, ACADS: 65% (1 backlog)

VO is a young lady who has her hair spread out.

VO: hi sir
Me: good afternoon mam.

VO: good afternoon.

VO: which univ?
Me: Tennessee tech univ.

VO: which subject?
Me: Mech engg with a specialization in thermal engg.

VO: why thermal?
Me: Thermal engg is one of the very core subjects in my undergraduation & I had come across subjects like heat transfer, IC engines, fluid mechanics. I am impressed by the basics of these subjects & moreover the project which I had done in my undergraduation comes under this specialization which had triggered my interest further. Hence I chose thermal.

VO: Whats ur project?
Me: The title of my project is "Thermodynamic study & performance of combined cycle power plants".

VO: So u want to continue research in this field?
Me: Yes mam.

VO: give ur undergraduation certificates
Me: gave

VO: what r ur parents?
Me: My father is an engineer in APHMEL which is a state govt organisation & my mother is a superintendent in post office.

VO: So both of ur parents r govt employees?
Me: Yes mam.

VO: How r u going to fund ur studies?
Me: My parents r going to sponsor my education. My parents had deposited
xxx lakhs in my account so far & my parents annual income is xxx lakhs.

VO: What r u doing for the past one year?
Me: For the first 6 months after my undergraduation, I was involved in the process of taking GRE & TOEFL and applying for univs for spring. But unfortunately my visa got rejected twice for spring. After that I worked as a lecturer from FEB to MAY.

VO: which subject did u teach?
Me: Fuid mechanics.

VO: why did u change ur univ?
Me: Tennessee tech univ has always been my top priority but this univ makes decisions very late. As a result I got the I-20 from the univ after 2 rejects for visa. Now I had waited for this univ's I-20 & reapplied.

VO: everything looks fine & u will get ur passport in 2 to 3 days.
Me: Thank u mam & u made my day.

My interview might appear longer seeing the experience I had posted. But I guess its no more than 3 mins.

To be honest I am not that confident even when I am waiting in the que to face the interview. But I didnt panic. I spoke well infront of the VO & acted as if I am 100% confident. She did have a glance at me for about 3 times. I maintained eye contact with the VO through out the interview although she didnt look at me most of the time. I prepared well for the interview. The mock interviews which I had taken had helped me a lot.

Luck played its part in my case to an extent as I was not asked for any documents other than my undergraduation certificates, I was not asked ques like why I was rejected twice for spring. But I feel I got the visa for the effort I have put in for the whole process. My advice is dont get dejected if ur visa gets rejected as the hardwork u have done will go nowhere & will help u in one way or the other for sure. I had experienced it myself & saw some of my friends whose effort paid off although their profile is not that good.

I want to make a request to the members of the group. Please dont put blah, blah... when posting ur experiences for important ques like why this specialization, why this univ etc.

I sincerely would like to thank each & everyone who had posted their experiences. If anyone need help from my side, I am ready to offer. U can contact me at 9290061113.

All the best to all future aspirants to visa. Bye for now. Take care.

Regards
Rakesh Chitturi.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi,

    I have my interview on the 21st of july. I have written my GRE twice, first time 950, and second time 1080. cud u plz suggest wat reason i cud give if the VO asks me why have i written it twice? i have an aggregate of 74.8% first class , got an admit from Washington state university, Pullman. Cud u plz help out me out

     

Post a Comment

<< Home