Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

got my Dream VISA on 5th July at Chennai to Mcneese (3rd attempt!!!)

.
I got my Dream VISA on 5th July at Chennai to Mcneese
Posted by: "soma sekhar" sagaran_soma@yahoo.co.in sagaran_soma
Sun Jul 9, 2006 6:16 am (PST)

Hi everyone.....

This is Somu...got my VISA on 5 july ........my slot was abt
10.15...but my interview took place at 12.45.....everthing was jus d
same like how everyone faced it till my counter number was told...to
me!!!

My Profile:

GRE-1150
TOEFL-227
acads- 65.8% ( 11 Backlogs)

This is my 3rd ATTEMPT. last 2 attempts I went to Delhi for spring
2006 becoz my I-20's came very late and there were no dates.so,I went
to Delhi. they refused 1st time and told me to go to Chennai. But the
dates werent available in Chennai, so I went to Delhi again. But same
thing happened again.
The next time I went to chennai.

So, I am telling this story for those who got rejected and trying
again. Try confidently.

see they didn't ask why i went to delhi, why u were rejected last time.

One strange thing is my Toefl is expiring on Aug 11th & GRE on SEP
30 ( i wrote in 2nd year). As my luck she didn't ask my GRE & Toefl
score reports.

The one who interviewed me was like a Nicole Kidman.she is an
angel for me becoz she gave Visa to me..Interview was really
cool....It went on like dis...

Me: Very Good evening Officer,How r u doing today(with smile) this
is important.

VO: I'm fyn..thank U. "what about u"

Me: I'm fine.thank u.

Me: passed d folder before she asked me.

VO: which university
Me: Mcneese state univ

VO: why this univ
Me: I'm interested in CAD which is offered by Mcneese. To
establish myself as a successful engineer in this field i need to have
a deeper understanding of the subjects like computer aided
engineering, finite element analysis ............and computer aided
manufacturing. so,i was looking at the univs which offer these courses
and fortunately for me i found this univ offering the most no of
electives in this area. so, i choose this univ.

she was impressed was this answer.

VO:who told u take this specialization
Me: told a big answer like above

VO: what future u have with this specialization
Me: My specialization has a great demand here. I will easily find
a job in tata motors or Mahindra & mahindra.

VO: who told u that u will get a job in M& M after u'r masters
Me: I was not understood. then said pardon

VO:again repeated the question
Me: I was little bit tensed then I told One of the senior of my
college is working in M&M.

VO: what position u have after u'r master's in M&M
Me: I thought she is still holding that M&M. I was balnk in 1st
second. then I told loudly and confidently SHIFT ENGINEER. I don't
know why this name came. God's grace. she said OK

VO: wt are thinking why u got AID
Me: I told my university gave me aid based on my academics and
application time.

VO: how much % in u'r under graduation
Me: 65.8%

VO: give me u'r marklists
Me: this is the first time she asked about my documents. I gave them.

VO: what are doing after u'r engineering ( ipassed out in 2004)
Me: I'm working in .......... comapny.It is a mini hydel power plant.

VO: what is u'r Role in that comapny
Me: I'm the Maintenance Incharge of Turbine in the Power Plant.

VO: what are u'r Parents
Me: My father is working as a Manager in ..........bank and my
mother is a House Wife.

VO: give me u'r Ca state ment
Me: I gave it

VO: then came the Golden words. Ok sir, u'r visa is approved.You
will get u'r passport in 3 days.
Me: I'm happy hearing that sweet words from the officer.She became
angel to me at this time. THANK U THANQ U VERY MUCH MAM.and came out
with lot of happiness.

thats it ....it was really cool.......and one student infront of
me also got visa....

My suggestions are

All through the interview...i had an eye-to-eye contact with
her... this is most imp.
Keep smiling...nd was looking confident.
say answers Loudly and Confidently
...tats it guys....tats all i can suggest u al to do...(if anyone
has to still give their interview)....Wish u GUD LUCK !!!!

I'm heading to Mcneese State university.

KEEP SMILING!!!

Cheers,
somu!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home