Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Got VISA for masters in Lousiana state university BATON ROUGE.

I GOT MY VISA ON JULY 7TH
Posted by: "rkpratap_2006" rkpratap_2006@yahoo.co.in rkpratap_2006
Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:00 am (PST)
Hello frnds,
I am RAVI KISHORE.I've been in these groups for abt 3 months now.
I've seen a lot of mails. Read and stored all of them. Success
stories, failures, stories of dodging and stories of succumbing to
pressures that we face at the interview. Yes, it is indeed tough
when it comes to facing the interview day! But its still a
memorable experience for rest of our lives. Isnt it? Well frnds this
is my turn finally to explain what my experience was like. First of
all my acads.

Engg: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS
%GE: 75% (DISTINCTION HOLDER).
GRE : 1280 ( Q-750/ V-530)
TOEFL: 263

My interviewer was a lady, may be in her late 20s. She was serious
and there was no ___expression on her face when I went to her.
My interview qns were-

VO: Hello sir. How r u doing?
me: Good afternoon mam. i'm fine.

VO: Which univ?
me: LSU- BATON ROUGE.

VO: y?
me: told. ( I was talking abt the research work going on at univ
and abt 2, 3 profs along their current research projects)

VO: can i see ur degree certificates?
me: yes mam ( I passed on my certificates. ) I'm a distinction
holder mam.

VO: (I could see her face smiling) guuud! Whats ur father?
me : told

VO: His annual income?
me: told

VO: Is ur mother also working?
me: told

VO: Can I see ur property docs.
me: yes mam. (i showed them)

VO: Okay sir , ur VISA is approved
me: Thank u mam!

The words that my VISA has been approved were so sudden that I just
went blank for a minute. I was expecting her to see my bank
statement. (Any way it was genuine!) But i never expected those
words so fast and sudden. All I can remember after that is that i
brushed all the docs in to my folder and started walking fast.
Almost running!

Yes friends its indeed a gr8 feeling to get VISA.

Let me make some points for other fellows going for visa

* Your fist impression is the best one. Dont forget to wish the
officer once u stand at the window in front of him. Just flash a
smile ( if possible) that would reduce ur tension if u r tensed.

* Being smart is gud but it would be better if we dont try to show
it to them.We should be as natural as possible. Trying to be
flamboyant all of a sudden may not help.Think abt ur best points in
ur career and try to highlight them when asked.

* Try to answer only to the point and try to make ur answer as brief
as possible.( so that not many qns arise frm ur answers!)

* YOUR RESPONSE TO THE FIRST 2 QNS IS ALWAYS GOING TO MAKE A LOT OF
DIFFERENCE. SO THINK ABOUT VERY SENSIBLE ANSWERS AND LOGICAL
ONES.THE FIRST TWO QNS ARE GENERALLY THE SAME. WHY THIS UNIV AND WHY
USA?

Best wishes to everybody.

Regards,
RAVI KISHORE PRATAPA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home