Visa Experiences

visaexperiences.blogspot.com is designed to help F1 students who just got their admits and are preparing for their VISA interviews. it contains several latest VISA experiences of students.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

fire alarm rings during my visa interview

Posted by: "chetan bhadricha" bchetan7@yahoo.com bchetan7
Wed Jul 5, 2006 11:16 am (PST)
hi ppl ,

i had an eventful interview today in the mumbai consulate today.
After all the finger printing and other regualr stuff I was called at
counter number 7. Here is the interview ..

VO : Hello .. how r u
me : i m fine say .. how r u ..
VO : so u r going to Georgia Tech.
me : yes sir
VO : why ??
me : gave the normal reasons .. one of the best univs ..
interrested in prof so n so ...
VO : so how will u finanace ur education

>>> Just as he asked this question .. disaster struck ... the fire
alarm started ringing .. The visa officer said,"Just go out of the
counter and follow the evacuation instructions given to you. I will
get back to u" .. saying this he put down his head phone n mike .. n
ran from his seat ...
After this I went out .. where the public were being asked to move
to the corneer .. i kept watcing al this for 3-4 mins ...just as i was
about to move .. everything seemed to fall in place .. somebody told
me some fool was smoking n hence the fire alarm rang ... ppl were
asked to get back to the counters .. i stood in fron of mine ..
waiting 4 VO to arrive .. the next 5 mins had been the longest of my
life so far ... (have nvr waited so eagerly for a girl even ;-))
After he came back ...

VO : so .. di u enjoy the fun
( thought .. FUN !!!! .. i was getting screwed wid tension ..
still managed to say )
me : yes ..
VO : So how will u finance ur education .
me : my parents have the reqd money in their accounts ...
VO : wat does ur father do
Me : told ..
VO : wat is his annual income
me : told
VO : show me ur summary statement
ME : gave
VO : show me ur parents pass book ..

gave ... was looking at it for some time .. n started typing
something .. n then the golden words ..

VO : u get ur visa .. study well
me : thnak you sir .. u have made my day .. have a nice day ..

Just one piece of advice ... (i dont want to tell the normal keep
smiling .. be confident .. i think its already bcom a cliche) .. i
just say if u have a early scheduled interview get to the consulate as
early as possible .. it is a first come first serve basis .. n do not
take tht lounge service (bus service) of vfs .. they waste a lot of ur
time .. we were 3 of us going to gatech who had an interview today ..
i was the only one who had taken the bus service .. they reached
directly to the consulate .. n had laready finished by the time i had
entered the consulate .. i had to wait another 2 hrs to get the things
done as the number of ppl had increased ...

well thts from me ... ALL THE BEST TO PEOPLE WHO R YET TO GO ....

WELL USA HERE I COME ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home